Pages

Thursday 30 March 2017

Up! - Recount of High Ropes - Camp 2017

Up!
The crowd cheered, “Nazella, Nazella, Nazella!”
Each step made the beam wobble, just like my knees. I could feel my sweat rolling down my forehead. The view was so majestic, the flowers bloomed with perfection. I looked down and gulped. My group looked like the newborn ants.

I felt even more nervous after each step, I felt invincible, I was mixed with emotions. The roar grew louder and louder with some deadly suggestions while I was on the beam. I walked faster trying to get this over and done with. My heart was racing, each step caused a roar in the crowd. I rushed over to hug the pole. My heart raced faster than a cheetah. I wondered if I could do any trick, then JR shouted, ‘Do a pushup!’ What a coincidence. At first I was scared but then I remembered that camp was about trying new things and challenging yourself, so I got down, went into position then boom! I did it. I was so proud, like what?

At the end of the day, I had accomplished one of goals which I wanted to complete while I was at camp. Now, I feel invincible, I feel like I am wonder-woman.

This is my recount about my experience with the high ropes at camp. A goal I set for myself before we went to camp was to go up the high ropes. I was nervous at first, but I felt more confident after everyone started encouraging me.

No comments:

Post a Comment